Hormone Therapy For Women’s Hormone-Related Disorders
Hormones are powerful chemicals that perform many vital tasks in your body. They flow through your bloodstream to affect nearly every part of your body. They work to regulate your metabolism, libido, menstrual cycle, sleep, moods and so much more. Your body relies on them for so much of its day-to-day functioning, so when there is suddenly an imbalance or deficiency in a hormone your body can react in many unpleasant ways. Yolo County CA Bioidentical Hormones Specialist, Michael Reed, M.D., has over twenty years of experience treating women with hormonal imbalances, and has helped countless women find relief through the use of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
If you believe you are dealing with a hormone imbalance or deficiency, your journey to wellness and inner harmony starts now. Hormone-related conditions may be the natural result of aging, or they may be caused by injury or illness. No matter the cause, you shouldn’t have to suffer from unbearable symptoms any longer.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy is a powerful and popular solution for treating many hormone-related conditions in women. Whether you are experiencing severe symptoms due to menopause or hormone imbalance caused by illness, Yolo County CA Bioidentical Hormones Specialist, Michael Reed, M.D., can help to alleviate your symptoms and get you back to feeling like yourself again.
Common Conditions In Women Treated With Natural Hormone Therapy
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Our adrenal glands are great at responding to major stressors by releasing cortisol and placing our bodies in fight-or-flight mode. Unfortunately, long-term day-to-day stressors can cause the adrenals to stay active far longer than normal, leaving them in a nearly exhausted state. When your adrenal glands are exhausted, you feel exhausted as well. Adrenal fatigue can leave you feeling constantly tired and worn out. Hormone Therapy can help to bring your endocrine system, including your adrenal glands, back into balance.
This mysterious illness is most known for the widespread pain that it causes across your body. Recent studies have linked fibromyalgia to certain hormone deficiencies, and many of the other symptoms of fibromyalgia are, in fact, the same as those caused by hormone deficiency. Natural Hormone Therapy can help to treat fibromyalgia and many of the resulting symptoms it produces.
- Low Testosterone
- While testosterone is often thought of as a “male hormone,” it is in fact very important for women’s bodies as well. Testosterone production helps to regulate your metabolism, moods, muscles and libido. Testosterone production can suffer for any number of reasons, and Dr. Reed can help you get your testosterone back to healthy levels in your body.
- Women are more prone to thyroid disorders than men, and it’s important to be aware of the signs and symptoms so that they can be treated effectively. Hypothyroidism occurs when the thyroid gland does not produce enough thyroid hormones for healthy functioning. The symptoms of hypothyroidism typically include sensitivity to cold, chronic fatigue, dry skin and constipation, among others. BHRT can help to bring your endocrine system and thyroid back into balance.
- Like the above, hyperthyroidism is a condition involving the thyroid gland. Unlike the above, hyperthyroidism occurs when the body produces too much thyroid hormone. An overactive thyroid can produce symptoms such as sensitivity to heat, anxiety, nervousness, heart palpitations and insomnia. Natural Hormone Therapy can help bring the thyroid back into balance with the rest of your body.
- Occurring in the years preceding menopause, perimenopause is characterized by severely fluctuating hormone levels, specifically estrogen and progesterone. Some symptoms of perimenopause include loss of libido, mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, depression and anxiety. These often occur suddenly, without warning. Bioidentical Hormone Therapy can help to provide a regular supplement of these hormones to even out the fluctuating peaks and valleys of your hormone levels.
- Following the fluctuating hormone production of perimenopause, menopause results in a significant decline in the production of estrogen and progesterone. This natural process can be severely uncomfortable, producing the same symptoms listed above under perimenopause. Hormone Therapy can make the transition into your later years much easier by supplementing your body with bioidentical hormones so that you experience a gradual decline, rather than sudden drop in hormone levels.
Following menopause, a woman enters post-menopause. During this time, many women experience bone-related conditions such as osteoporosis. This is partly because estrogen plays a vital role in maintaining bone health, and estrogen levels are much lower post menopause. Natural Hormone Therapy can provide bioidentical estrogen to supply the body with the estrogen it needs to maintain healthy bones.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Losing weight is hard enough when your hormones are balanced. When you’re experiencing hormone imbalances or deficiencies, it can be even more difficult. Testosterone helps your body burn fat for fuel. Estrogen is stored in body fat, and estrogen deficiency may cause your body to hold onto that fat for estrogen reserves. If you believe hormones are inhibiting your weight loss results, Yolo County CA Bioidentical Hormones Specialist, Michael Reed, M.D., can help review your hormone profile to determine whether natural hormone therapy is the right solution for you.
Feel Better With Hormone Therapy For Women
Many women have experienced the incredible benefits of bioidentical hormone therapy, and now it’s your turn. Take the first steps on your path to wellness by contacting Yolo County CA Bioidentical Hormones Specialist, Michael Reed, M.D.. Dr. Reed has over 20 years of experience treating women who have gone through just what you are going through now, and he and his talented staff are ready to help you get back to feeling like yourself again.